Monday, January 14, 2013

Has the Flu epidemic got you worried??

Are you worried about catching the flu, or do already have it.

I am one of many who opt out of the flu vaccine, seeing how 2/3' S of those that got the shot also have the flu I am not so inclined to be running into my clinic for a shot.

I would like to share with you special precautions I take, and my family to avoid the illness.

1/ Wash, Wash, Wash, your hands!!

2/ Eat plenty of fruit and veggies, especially berries, add ginger to your foods(smoothie, juices, cooking, etc.)

3/ Exercise, make sure to keep your immune system strong and healthy.









4/ Vitamin D, most of us..... especially in the Midwest are not getting enough sunshine so we lack in Vitamin D this time of year.
 Add the vitamin to your daily routine.

And if you do have the flu, make sure to stay home to recover and not spread to others.
Do you take extra precautions, anything you would like to share?

p.s.  My Mother and I add Elderberry to our diets this time of year, juice, extract, jams and syrup.

Wishing you a healthy flu season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment