Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tracking Fitness

Fitness Tracking

When it comes to keeping track of your fitness, it has never been easier.
We have at our fingertips ( literally) access to many apps, and devices to keep track of our activities and eating habits.
What I find worked well for me is journaling what I ate and when, there is something about writing it down and being accountable for what goes in your mouth. It makes you think about it, are you actually hungry, are you bored, are you eating because your stressed, sad, happy. 
With some fitness tackers and apps, you can write in your food intake, or in some devices ( scan ) and it will tally calories, and other nutrition information.
The one I use, and have been for about 4 years now, is the Fitbit.
It fits snug on my waistband, and records my movement through the day.

Being able to see your progress each day, I believe is motivation.
Even though keeping track of your eating habits is good on paper, you will have even better success if you go the digital route.

There is something about being able to see the progress your making each day that keeps you going, looking at your device and wanting to hit that 10,000 steps is motivation.


The more you record, the more likely you are to see results.
I will show you a variety of different devices, and apps to get you started.
With the improvements in health technology, many companies are joining the movement. Oscar, a company that provides health insurance in New Jerseyand New York, is one of them who has started to motivate their members by providing each member Misfit Band with the opportunity to earn back cash rewards when they hit their personal health/fitness goals each month.

 

They come in many styles, and price ranges.


Apps to check out are: Lose it!, Noom Coach, and My Diet Diary.


Are you ready to get fit!

Let me know what you use, and do you find it helpful on your journey to Fit.



1 comment:

  1. I most likely appreciating each and every bit of it. It is an incredible site and decent impart. I need to much obliged
    jennifernicolelee

    ReplyDelete