Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Detox Smoothie

Yummy Berry Smoothie.


You all know I love my smoothies, I look forward to them after my workouts as if they are a treat.
I wanted to share one of my favorites with you, full of good nutrition and so yummy.



Berry Breakfast

Don't let its pink-liciousness fool you. The berries turn on detoxifying enzymes and ginger stimulates digestion in this recipe.
Serves 2
1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
3/4 cup chilled unsweetened almond or rice milk
1/4 cup frozen pitted unsweetened cherries or raspberries
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
COMBINE all ingredients in blender, adding lemon juice to taste.
PUREE until smooth.
POUR into 2 chilled glasses



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment