Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Running my third 1/2 marathon

Running my third 1/2 marathon/

I just finished my 3rd and final half marathon for this year, and it was by far my best.
I have to tell you..... what a difference it makes to train well. I came off this one feeling great, and back to running the next day.



Of course when I first signed up, I thought the bling and the jacket were awesome!! But running this race in St. Paul, MN was just breathtaking, running along the Mississippi river, on a beautiful fall day.... I was so happy to be part of it.
I run most of my races with my son, as most of you know. And he is the reason I am a runner today.
I  joined a running club this past summer called Moms On The Run, and wow what a difference it made in my running ability.
This race I took 9 minutes off my time, I wanted so badly to make the 2 hour mark, but I came in at 2:05.
Next time!
My son ran the 10 mile with a time of 57:30, absolutely Amazing!!


He is also my trainer, and I try to do  (most) of what he says.
Next year I turn "50" and my goal is to run that 2 hour 1/2 marathon, I am determined  to do it.
I know I need to train better, eat clean, and strength train.

I want to tell you, if there is something you want bad enough you can do it!!
It doesn't have to be running, whatever it is in life that you want to go after, it could be a sport, a new job, living a healthier happy lifestyle. It's Yours.
Go out and grab it!

Life is good my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment